01 January 2015

DIY Sylvanian Dollhouse {Part 1}

It's been almost 2 years since my last post on here but this project will make up for it. I promise.

We decided this year for christmas to build a doll house for our two year old. As a child I shared a Sylvanian Families doll house with my older sister. It was just two rooms and quite cramped with all the furniture and animals. But we LOVED it. 

So after looking at the Sylvanian Families houses on the market at the moment I figured that they were either too small for (at least) two little girls or far too expensive. So I started hunting around for some ideas on Pinterest. When I came across a dollhouse kit which was a little pricey and would be a heck of a lot of work but oh my is she lovely!

by Erin Mccall
But after letting my husband know that I'd found my dream home, he told me that he wanted to build it himself. from sctrach. I'm not gonna lie, my heart sank just a little... but then I realized the ENDLESS possibilities that entailed. Sure babe!! Let's do this! So back to the drawing board I went. Well, pinterest. Some houses it was love at first sight and I wished I could shrink myself and move in right away. Move aside Barbie this place is mine!! and others were....well...lacking. Honestly though, if you're going to go to the effort of building a whole dollhouse from scratch you might as well put at least a thought into the decorating. brrr. Those pins I will not be sharing. But anyway, if you've ever searched for 'DIY dollhouse' these pins will not be new to you. The good, the bad and the downright ugly. But hey, there was light at the end of the tunnel and these were my favourites:

by Craftiness Is Not Optional

by Sew Much Ado

by The Handmade Home
One and three are my absolute favoutites from the favourites so I drew up a few quick scetches to combine the two and came up with a pretty good draft which even got the approval from the husband. Score!

Go to Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment